Professional Nit Pickers
Professional nit pickers can do a lot to save your sanity when someone in your house is afflicted with lice. But before you invite someone over to your house to pick through you or your child's heads, make sure you know a few things about them first.
What to Look for in Professional Nit Pickers
- Always make sure that any nit picker you choose has had a background check, or can provide you with credentials.
- Get a professional nit picker that lives close to you. This is still a relatively new industry and so you may not be able to find one in your neighborhood. If that's the case, ask if you'll be charged travel fees and if so, how much.
- Always make sure that any professional nit picker you choose will be able to give you advice about prevention and after-care.
How Much Does a Professional Nit Picker Cost?
Just like any other business, the cost of professional nit pickers in your area will vary. But, here are a few guidelines you can go by when choosing your professional nit picker.
- On average, professional nit pickers charge at least $80 for the first visit. An hourly fee may be applied in addition to that, or subsequent visits may go strictly on an hourly basis.
- A professional nit picker should be able to provide a guarantee for their work so that you don't have to pay full price if the treatment does not work.