Getting Rid of Lice in the Home
Getting rid of lice in the home is one of the most important things you can do when fighting a lice infestation. This is because when lice are still in the home, they can then easily jump back onto a host, and another infestation will be quick to follow.
How to Start Getting Rid of Lice in the Home
When looking for areas in your home where you need to get rid of lice, the first place to start is with any bedding, clothing, and other places where lice could burrow and lay more eggs. A few places to start are:
Other Areas for Getting Rid of Lice
- Any clothing that the person who is infected has worn should be thoroughly washed in the hottest water possible in the washing machine. This should then be followed by throwing the clothes in the dryer for at least twenty minutes.
- Stuffed animals are another big area where lice like to take up camp. This is especially true with any of the stuffed animals that may be in the infected child's bed, or any others that they play with often.
- If you have anything that can't be thrown in the washing machine, use a natural lice treatment fabric spray to kill any remaining lice.
Some other places where you may have to get rid of lice in the home are:
- Carpets, so make sure you vacuum them thoroughly and use a lice prevention fabric spray
- Upholstered furniture will also need to be vacuumed and sprayed to get rid of any lice that remain in the home.